Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Easter!

Easter was more fun for Jayden this year then last year. He really didn't care much for anything last year. But this year each time he found an egg he would open it and take out the candy to eat it. lol! I had to keep trying to get him to go find more eggs. Our ward had an easter egg hunt on Saturday morning that we went to and he had a blast. Then we came back to my parents and had one here. Jessica came over and brought Jason and Katie Jo. So Jason, Alesha and Jayden got to hunt for eggs. Sadly it was raining, so we did it in the house! But it was fun. The kids had a good time.
Here is Jayden opening an egg to find the surprise inside!!
Then we made chocolate covered marshmallow eggs. They are SUPER good. I ate way too many! But it was fun! Here is the finished product! So YUMMY! Thanks mom!
My mom, of couse, snitching! Anyone who has been to my moms house knows snitching is a requirement. LOL!!
Jayden thought he's help out by getting something to eat from the fridge himself. lol, no he did not open the fridge by himself. I think I'd really be in trouble if he could do that!
Grandma Andrews came over for the egg hunt, so she got Jennilyn! Thanks grandma.
Grandpa Andrews and Jennilyn, Easter Sunday!
BIKE!! This is JUST ONE of Jayden's new favorite words! He ALWAYS wants to go outside and ride bikes with my younger sister Alesha.
Jayden & Alesha
One day I went out there and started riding this scooter, that is not made for an adult, but Jayden wanted to ride, so I took him for a ride!
I know it doesn't really look like it, but he loved it.
Alesha is on Spring Break this week, so she has been here all day and every day she goes outside to ride her bike just after breakfast. Well after Jayden finished his breakfast he wanted to go out and join her. This is how he came to me. LOL! One shoe, which is Alesha's, One glove, which is Alesha's, and this cute little hat. He was all ready to go, he just needed me to open the door for him. :)
We have been living with my parents for the past 3 weeks, which has been fun. It's kind of like we are just on a vacation. Jayden has been loving it. Every morning he wakes up and says "E-sha, da-ma, bum-pa, Auby, or pender" (Alesha, grandma, grandpa, Aubrey, Spencer) It's so cute!
Another favorite word is "JUMP" grandma and grandpa Turnbow have a trampoline. And Jayden could spend all day every day out there, if only his mother would let him.
Jumping with Alesha, and cousin Jason
Aunt Camilla even went out and jumped with all the kids
Here's a video of Jayden jumping. He really is amazing! Alesha had just done a flip on the tramp, so he would lean sideways to try and do one also. Sorry, my camera died, so I didn't get all of it.

Of all Jayden's new favorite words, EMAIL is my favorite! A few weeks ago Jayden went and sat down at the computer and said "EMAIL" It is so cute! Crazy boy! So when we are trying to put him to sleep at night he will always talk and talk and talk... He could go on all night I think, but he'll try to do things that make us laugh, because he cracks up. And he learned that we love it when he says email, so last night he just kept saying it. Over and over again! And then he would just laugh like crazy! He is so full of energy and personality. I just love it.

And of all Jayden's new favorite wrods, my least favorite word is "WHY?" Isn't that suppose to be like 2 and 3 year olds? He's only 20 months.. He shouldn't be asking WHY everytime I say anything. LOL! I'm trying to come up with creative reasons so then he just says "OK" but most of the time it never ends. LOL! Because I'm the mom, that's why!

Grandma Turnbow and Jennilyn!

2 comments:

Anne said...

That was a SUPER cute post! I love seeing all those little boys with Alesha! That is soooo cute! I am glad that Jayden enjoyed the easter egg hunt, I love his method of finding them. Don't worry, it won't be long before he learns to just run and eat the prize later. He has such a cute personality too!!!! I am so glad that they have blogs these days. I think it is fun to have these cute memories written down and honestly....would you write it down otherwise! I didn't. The pictures of Jennilyn and Grandma and Grandpa Andrews are so precious!! I love it! I am glad that you guys have all been enjoying your time together.

GREAT POST!

Merri Hackett said...

Snitching is a requirement at Anne's house too :) Every time I am there I sneak into her kitchen to find her hidden treats. :) just kidding. Cute kids!